Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Silverware Hooks

One day while shopping at the DI (I could start so many stories with this line), my husband found a set of hooks made out of bent spoons.  He showed me, knowing I would LOVE the idea.  The four "hooks" were screwed onto a piece of wood, and the hanger cost $2.  I knew I had scrap pieces of wood at home, and old silverware only costs $0.25 a piece, so I opted to make my own for a lower cost.  One of my AWESOME sister-in-laws (I have the greatest sister-in-laws ever!) cut me a saying out of vinyl that she had found on the Internet.  It was so me, because I do not love washing dishes!  I thought the saying, coupled with the old silverware bent into hooks, made a darling kitchen decoration.  You could do so many different things with bent silverware hooks!  My husband helped me bend the thicker pieces of silverware (I'm a bit wimpy), and then he screwed them on from me with his drill, my hero! :o)  It's a fun little craft, and it would even make a nice, inexpensive gift.  The other thing I love about it--you can actually hang things from the hooks!  Not only are they cute, but they are utilitarian as well.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment