Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fairy Dust



























I looked up a recipe for homemade glitter at http://www.theideabox.com/Homemade_Glitter.html. It turns out you can add a few drops of food coloring to salt, and then bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes. The glitter doesn't smell very good, but it is pretty (just not as shiny as real glitter). I gave each of my girls a small container of glitter and sent them outside to play with it like fairy dust. My three year old loved sprinkling it on grass, flower beds, trees, and even herself. She loved being a "fairy," and the older girls enjoyed it too. The salt dissolves, so it doesn't matter where it gets sprinkled. It also vaccuums up well, which we discovered after my three year old fairy used it to spruce up a bit of her room. :o) The world can never have too many little girls with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment